Saturday 8 September 2007

Level Two

Reflecting back on Level One's work I really enjoyed studying the theme of personal identity and I wanted to continue this throughout Level Two. Although identity is such a broad theme I felt i can use devices to engage the viewers and throw them like i started to touch on using my canvas.

I like the idea that the viewer expects something from the artwork but then that idea is totally deconstucted when up close.

I only managed to touch on painting methods in level one and i really have the urge to express myself alot more through this medium.

Throughout the summer I have been looking through family photo albums and thought this would be an interesting start for my work.

I have been looking at memories and emotions and the photographs that trigger these.

The artists I have looked are .....................................................................................



Ideas:

Thought about presenting these in typical gold frames or a modern twist reflecting my life and views today.

No comments: